Saturday, August 26, 2017

Clifty Falls Layout

Hello Scrapping For Tranquility Fans!  Sorry it has been a while. My computer crashed and I had to save a bit to shell out the money for a new one.  (new to me, Refurbished one to anyone else.  LOL)

I want to share a layout of our small vacation we took last year to Clifty Falls State Park, here in Indiana.  We are in Northern Indiana and Clifty Falls is at the very bottom, west next to Kentucky and Ohio.  It is a VERY beautiful part of the state.

What made me decide to do this layout is I found this wonderful sketch on Let's Scrap sketch challenges and couldn't pass it up and thought I would not only scrap my wonderful photos but enter it into the contest.  Here is the sketch:




Of course I have tons of photos from the trip so first I had to decide which photos I wanted to use and from what part of the trip.  Once that was done I wanted to choose the card stock to use.    First let me show you my completed layout:



For all my solid textured card stock I always use AC Textured Card stock.  That is my go to card stock.  Then I had to choose what would go nicely with my photos in a print.  I found this beautiful plaid left over from an  Echo Park Paper Kit  called This & That.  I loved that kit and I just had remnants left and thought it would go great with this layout.  (Echo Park is my favorite Kit company also!)

  

Page 1


Page 2

I made my border, signs, and title on my cameo and that is about it.

I hope you enjoyed my layout and stop by Let's Scrap and check out their challenges!

Blessings!



Challenges I entered this in:

http://letsscrapsketches.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic take on the sketch. Great photos and I love the leaf embellishment. Thanks for joining us at 'Lets Scrap Sketches'. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonnece! I always enjoy the sketches! Christi

      Delete
  2. Great use of your cutting machine. Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout, looks like ya'll had a great trip! Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Let's Scrap! Blessings, Jamie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie! We had a very nice trip! Thanks for having me! Christi

      Delete
  4. Wonderful layout.. The pictures look wonderful and it's a great design! Glad you were able to get a New computer!!! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Theresa! Yes my new to me computer is such a blessing! I was very blessed! Christi

      Delete
  5. Your take on the layout sketch turn out a fantastic layout. It so fits the photos you chose beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms Smith! I really enjoy the sketches! Thanks for having me! Christi

      Delete
  6. Hi, Christi, thank you for your sweet visit to my blog this morning - such a delight! SO GLAD YOU DID! I am in love with your scrapbooking style and the colors you choose in your layouts. I'm hoping to begin this hobby in 2018 as I've never scrapped in this way previously. I am your newest follower, and look forward to seeing the new things you create! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christi,
    I love your double page spreads. We're having a DT call at Stick It Down and I wondered if you had considered applying?

    https://stickitdown.blogspot.com/2017/11/design-team-call-reminder.html

    ReplyDelete