Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Back to the Basics with Printable Cuttable Creatables

Good Morning Printable Cuttable Creatable and Scrapping For Tranquility Fans!

I, like many of you seasoned scrapbookers, like to make elaborate scrapbook pages. Then there are times when doing my posts I think back to when I was first starting out. How I felt reading a lot of the blog or store posts and wished they would make it for the "newbies" or the ones just learning to start to paper piece and/or scrapbook.  Well,  That is what I hope to do today and with my future posts.  I am going to "get back to the basics".  Stay tuned for my future posts and today we are just going back to talk about just putting your pieces together and using only 1 piece of cardstock for your background.  NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS!

Here is my this weeks layout. My grandson starts preschool for the first time the first week of September.  I wanted to get a step ahead and have his layout ready! I used the fun files Lil Crayons & Pencils Banners Set SVG Cut File & Clipart to title my page.  This was such a simple way to make my title.

I counted out my letters and made the banners I needed and colors I wanted and cut them on my cameo 3.  I glued them together with my Bearly Art Glue.  Picking a font I wanted in my fonts, I sized it down to fit the banner oval.  I wanted to spell out "First Day of Pre School".  I made a shadow for my title to make it stand out more.  Although, the picture it is still hard to read but rest assured , in person there is no problem reading it.  LOL


Next I used the awesome file Crayons & Pencils Circle Monogram Frames SVG Cut File & Clipart.  I thought this would be such a fun frame to use for my grandson's first day of preschool photos.  I usually take one with his sign saying what grade he is going in and a picture with his teacher.  So, two photo frames is what I was shooting for.  I made them at 5 inches a piece and I also cut my black mat at 5 inches.  I then took small adhesive foam tabs to make the frames pop up a bit.


I left the bottom of the frame without the adhesive foam so I could fit the photo in as shown above.  Of course I will trim my photo to a round photo to fit.  Then once I insert the photos I take, I will pop the bottom of the frame with the foam squares.


Only thing left was to journal.  Printable Cuttable Creatables have the cutest crayon borders called Colorful Crayons SVG Borders Set.  When I looked at them , I saw adorable journal prompts.  I fell in love with them!  I ended up making 6 of them to journal about his first day of preschool.

I used all primary colors for all my crayon pieces so I wanted something a little lighter for my background to make those pieces pop but still feel boyish.  I went with a light blue and I really loved how it turned out.


If you have any questions feel free to message me on my blog at Scrapping For Tranquilty or my facebook fanpage at Scrapping For Tranquility  I would be happy to answer any and all questions and help out.  No question is too silly!

Files I used from Printable Cuttable Creatables:


Until next time......









  

No comments:

Post a Comment