Friday, March 10, 2017



Welcome to the 
Birthday Bash Blog Hop

We hope you are ready to celebrate Birthdays with the biggest Bash around!!
This hop is full of Balloons, Cake, Presents, Smiles and more!
So let's make a wish and blow out the candles
as we celebrate another year of birthdays!! 

  You should have arrived Ashley.
If you just happened upon this spectacular hop, Connie Can Crop is the first stop in this hop. 

This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday to finish hopping and leaving your comments for all of these amazing crafters.



We have an awesome sponsor for this month!


One lucky winner will get to choose two Bundles or files of their choice ($6.00 value)
Please visit Miss Kate Cuttables HERE
Follow their blog HERE
you can find them on facebook HERE



What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 3/15/17
at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!
Without further ado here is what I made for the Birthday hop!

First, I am still working on last years albums for my grandbabies so I just finished my youngest grandson Lestat's 1st birthday layout.  


I always want to try something different for their first birthday and this I did.  I made him a cake out of Cardstock!  (AC CARDSTOCK, Of course!)  I cut them at 10 inches, 8 inches and 6 inches.  Then I took a Halloween blood dripping border and made it into my icing dripping off the cake.  Then taking a small piece of  stripped cardstock I rolled it to make the candle and cut out the flame on my cameo.  I embellished the cake the way I felt necessary and I was done.  Lestat's Pictures were professionally taken for his first birthday and these black and white ones fit just perfect!

Here is some close up's




Now, He has made it through his first year and we are almost to his 2nd year and we are planning his 2nd birthday .  His favorite thing is watching "Finding Dory".  MaMaw couldn't help but make his birthday invitations for him and here they are:


I of course used all AC cardstock and Made the Dory SVG.  I also made up the saying You're "o-Fish-ally invited" to match .  The background SVG's are from the sea princess svg file by Marjorie Ann Designs.    By the time I was done laying all those letters on each invite....I didnt want to see another until....probably next year!  HAHAHAHA!

I hope you enjoyed my projects!  Please leave me a comment!

Blessings!








 Up next is my dear friend and Very talented Shannon H

Here's our line up in case you get lost:


Don't forget to check out this month's new challenge at Connie Can Crop!!



Connie Can Crop Challenge #56
due 11:59 P.M., Friday, March 31st, 2017
Pacific Time

38 comments:

  1. Love both card. Might need to scrap lift the second one for my Grandsons' birthday when they turn two. Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Shawn! Scraplift away! You are more than welcome and if you need anything please do not hesitate! Christi

      Delete
  2. love both projects! you are a saint for doing all those letters though! I would have given up and used a marker in my machine! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! THat is where you are smarter than I am! I just didnt think of it! LOL I wanted to give up soooo many times but love my babies tooo much! HAHAHAHA! THanks again! Christi

      Delete
  3. WOW!! Wonderful layout and adorable card and invitation, I can see that the invitations were a TON of work.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! UGH! IF you only knew the work They REALLY were! HAHAHA! Dont know how soon I will be doing THAT again!~ (least not until my next grandbabies birthday! lol) Thank you for the nice compliment! Christi

      Delete
  4. I love the icing dripping on the cake. Great job on his Dory invitation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome job on both of these especially the Dory invitation! Our family loves Dory too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWW Thank you Red! I greatly appreciate your kind words! Christi

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks sooo much Maria! Thanks for the awesome compliments! Christi

      Delete
  7. gorgeous layout and wonderful cards! love the Dory! too cute!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that layout...love that face! Simply adorable, both the layout and Lestat. And the invite is fantastic! That will be a fun party to decorate for...your family is lucky you're so talented! It's been fun hopping with you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim , Sometimes I dont know if you are just prejudice to my work (blind lol) or if my work is really that good! HAHAHAHA! I KNOW Lestat is that cute (I am prejudice there! LOL) But either way I suire do appreciate you kind words and compliments. They really keep me going! Love you! Christi

      Delete
  9. Okay, the cake layout is adorable, but I LOVE the Dory party invite - Lestat is one lucky grandson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla on Both accounts! I truly appreciate the beautiful compliments! Christi

      Delete
  10. Super fun and adorable layout, Christi - very creative making the cake that way! And those invitations are just the coolest!!! Yeah, I feel your pain about applying all those letters -- the things we do for our grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo Much Debbie! Coming from you those compliments mean the world to me! Thanks again! Christi

      Delete
  11. Your grandson is adorable and I love your layout and cards as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cake is so creative! You have so much patience for doing all those letters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is so cute. That was a lot of work for those invitations,but they are "fin"tastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your layout is so creative and adorable, the same with the bday invitations. So much work though, Tfs and for being part of this happy bday hop. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo much Veronica ! YEs they were but well worth it! :) Christi

      Delete
  15. Every. Single. Page. Every page you do I think man I love that page. And that boy is so photogenic. I love all his pictures. Great job on the cards too. Also I think I need some better paper or different settings on my machine. I will have to try that brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadia on all accounts! Yes you need to buy AC cardstock it is the best out there but it is pricey. LOVE IT!

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. I think it is becasue you are Auntie Shannon and you are just as prejudiced as me! LOL THank you my dear friend! Love you~! Christi

      Delete
  17. Lmao!!!! OMG! and that's why I weld ALL the letters I can!!! So very cute! absolutely love them... the layout, the invite... I can't wait to see MORE! Great hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks soooo much Lisa! I tried to weld but it didn't look right especially on a kids invite when they couldn't read it. hahahaha.You have to wait till after the party to see more! (and probably next year at the rate I am going) hahahaha! THank you for your kind words! Love hopping with you too! Christi

      Delete
  18. Your projects are GREAT!!!! Love that LO!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is stupendous!! I just love the design of this layout and may have to borrow the idea!! Thanks!! And what an amazing invite! Lestat is so lucky to have such a talented grandma!! Thanks for joining me this month!

    ReplyDelete