Thursday, July 30, 2020

Same Set Syndrome July Hop Featuring Not 2 Shabby Stamps



Hello Scrapping For Tranquility friends!  if you are arriving from Jennifer Massores Hartsgrove's You Tube Channel,then you are in the right place. I am in a wonderful hop group and we are doing a 6 month collaboration called #SameSetSyndrome where every month we highlight small, independently owned stamp companies each month.  We as a group, want to introduce you to these companies that you may have never heard of or heard of but when you went to buy, they were not the first to come to mind.  We would like these wonderful companies TO BE THE ONES THAT COME TO MIND! Everyone in the hop get's a chance to work with a kit from the company for the month, one stamp set or possibly 2 stamp sets. Hence "same set syndrome".

Is there blog candy?  Of course there is!  You must visit,follow,leave a comment and watch all videos on all the hop's participants.  There will be one name per participant that will be chosen by random to be chosen for a $50.00 Gift Certificate, of your choice at the end of the 6 month collaboration. This winner will be announce  on December 10th on Allison Kulka's You Tube Page.  ALSO, this month Not 2 Shappy has donated a $25.00 Gift certificate to their store.  One random commentator from each hop stop will be put into a drawing and one out of those names will be drawn for this months prize.  Good Luck!     

On to my project.  Not 2 Shabby gave us the choice of 2 different stamp sets to choose from.  I chose the Pup In a Cup stamp set!  It was just too stinkin' cute not to!  I could think of a million ways I could color that pup!


When I decided to color him, I really thought my Nuvo Watercolor pencils would be fun to use so that is what I did. I used colors from the Hair & Skin Tones set, Dark Shadows Set & Elementary set.



My base of my card is the Crimson Red by American Crafts from 12 X 12 Cardstock Shop.  The 6 X 6 coffee ring paper is also American crafts but I can not remember the pad it came from.  The yellow is American Crafts Sunflower also from 12 X 12 Cardstock Shop.


I finished my card off with putting a couple of the sentiments together that came with the set.  I stamped it on Neenah Paper 110lb Classic Crest Cardstock 8.5"X11".  I made it into a banner shape and did something I have only done once before, I let it hang off the edge of the card to give it a flag feel.  Finishing it with a paw print, I made on my cameo 3, with Black Precision Cardstock from American Crafts also from 12 X 12 Cardstock Shop and adding enamel dots from  C. C. Designs.  I called it done!

I hope you enjoyed my card and your next stop is Charlotte's You tube and Charlotte's Blog.

Blessings!




8 comments:

  1. Love the papers you used and that pup is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card and I love the color combo! So bright and happy! I mean, who wouldn't be happy when you have a pup in a cup, right?!? Great card, Christi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this stamp set and your card is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card! I love all the texture, and the pup is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the texture as well...adorable pup and love the paw print..a great card

    ReplyDelete