Friday, April 21, 2017

Cutting Cafe 21st Post- Tour of my Crafting Space!

Hello Scrapping For Tranquility and Cutting Cafe Fans!  It is that time our 21st of the month Cutting Cafe post.  Regina decided to do things a little different this month and let you into our crafting spaces to see where all the MAGIC happens!

Please bare with me for I need a new camera and I have had quite a few orders to get out this week so it is not as clean as I like to keep it between projects.
HERE WE GO!

As you walk into the West side door of my room this is the view you get.  It isn't a very large room and I share it with my grandson , James.  We are raising him and for 2 years I homeschooled him so this was not only my craft room but his classroom.  To the right , in the center is two desks face to face to create a center, large desk for him and I.  (This year we re-enrolled him into a WONDERFUL private school where he is thriving!  I am very happy he is back with his peers and receiving straight A's.)  He still uses the desk and computer to craft with me and play games on the computer.


Here you see the desk better and to the front right you will see my stickles storage that my dad and I made before he was very sick.  It holds over a hundred bottles.  (yes I have it filled lol)


This is my pattern paper storage and on top is my stamp storage, my over flow of albums and overflow of magazines. Next to it you will see where I store my cards I have made up to use or to sell in a display rack I found for $3.00 at Goodwill.  The only thing I still have to fix on it is the trim on the bottom.  


This is my wall of cubes.  This is small compared to a lot of craft rooms.  This is where I store most of all my supplies.  I like to keep them close to me .  This is also my solid cardstock and Album storage.   If you look closely on the very top in the middle by the mannequin is all my Trendy Twine in Condiment Shaker Holders.(Sugar Shakers)Those rows are 3 deep.  (Those are just my large rolls.)  I have a large drawer of the minis in almost all the colors Trendy Twine offers! Yes, I am a little addicted!)  To the very right on the table is another wonderful $2.00 find from Goodwill.   The cabinet with all the small drawers.  It was a brown ugly , panelling cabinet.  They thought no one would ever buy it but I could see the potential for my craft room and I knew the guy to do it!  My husband works with a super woodworking man.  He wrapped it in oak , redid all the drawers and added dividers in all the top drawers for organization.  I do have to say it is beautiful and my favorite piece.  


Here is my desk and behind my desk.  You see on the wall some of my ink, embellishment, stamp and paint storage.  This is also where I do my large cutting.  Behind my computer is my cameo.


We are almost made the complete circle and back around looking at the door.  Here you see my desk again and of course my tv, Blu-ray and Netflix set up.  I couldn't craft without it.  On the wall you see the ice cream cone, it is a art piece my 22 year old daughter did in elementary school.  I fell in love with it from the day she brought it home.  This use to be her bedroom and it has hung in this room ever since she brought it home that day.  Something I cherish and will NEVER get rid of.

That is my tiny room and I hope you enjoyed the tour.

If you have any questions , leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer it.

Have a blessed day and thank you for joining me!

Blessings,









21 comments:

  1. very nice room! mine is pink as well! thanks for the tour!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Alicia! Glad to have you! Stop in anytime and if you are ever in the NW Indiana or Chicagoland area give me a call we can craft together! Christi

      Delete
  2. this is like being in PINK CRAFTY HEAVEN..i love it...i wanta see a full picture of that stickle holder...side view looks like eye candy...love your space girl...tfs...hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Regina! Glad you like it . It is not a lot but I have made it my sanctuary. I will try and send you a picture of my stickle holder soon. I have a smaller version that only holds around 40 If I remember right but I wayyyyy outgrew it so we made a new one. SOOOOOO simple to make. ((((Hugs))))

      Delete
  3. Wow, love this room. You have everything so well organized (she said with obvious envy). I am loving that pink, black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim . Not as well as your room! lol. Everytime I try to organize it gets more of a mess. I do have to keep it somewhat organized since it is such a tiny room. If I didn't I couldn't stand the mess it would be in all the time. That is why I try to clean up after every project. OWWWWW if you could see it during a project you would think I NEVER cleaned! AHAHAHAHAHA! Love ya!

      Delete
  4. Great space to craft in! You definitely can't call it small though. Small is one craft cupboard like I have. It's amazing to see where you create and get your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks sooo much Jeri. I guess you are correct I need to be very thankful and remember the 20 odd years I spent scraping at the dining room table or wherever I could! I would of been VERY thankful for your cupboard back then. It just seems no matter what we have it is never big enough for our stash huh? LOL Especially when it is being shared with another family member like me! hahahaha Thanks for stopping by! Christi

      Delete
  5. love the tour! thanks for sharing how to utilize so much in a small room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you and thank you for stopping in! Christi

      Delete
  6. I just love your room. The colors are so bright and cheery. I like the pink and black. Thanks for sharing.
    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your nice compliments April! Thanks for stopping by! Christi

      Delete
  7. Awesomeness is what I call this room and I am clicking on every picture so I can get a big full view and nose around a little LOL...wow...what a fun place to be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, It isn't nosing around if I posted it for you to see! You are invited to stop by if you are ever in NW Indiana anytime! Thanks for stopping by! Christi

      Delete
  8. I love your craftroom Christi and we are truly kindred spirits. Goodwill, twine and homeschooling are our three things in common lol. Awesome tour!!!xx PS I'll keep you in mind when I destash. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHH Lisa You got me excited now! I love a good destash! another person destash is my treasure! LOL I will do the same for you! Hugs! Christi

      Delete
  9. Oh Christi...What magic space!!! Love it...Thanks for sharing with us...Enjoy. Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula and thanks for stopping by! Christi

      Delete
  10. Love your beautiful pink room! Love your storage! Awesome crafty space!

    ReplyDelete