Monday, December 5, 2016

1st Post as a new DT Member for Cutting Cafe!

Hi Folks!  I wanted you all to know I am now a new DT member for Cutting Cafe.  I am sooooo VERY excited and hope you all are as excited as I am.  Regina makes AWESOME files and Digital stamps, PDF's , Templates and so many other types of files! You just need to stop over to The Cutting Cafe and check it out for yourself!

Ok,  On to my project.....we were to use a can or jar and upcycle it using Cutting Cafe files.  Since I am raising my grandchildren and one of them just outgrew baby food , it was pretty easy for me to decide what kind of jar I was going to use .....BABY FOOD JARS!  I have them coming out my ears! I never wanted to  throw them away for you can always use them to craft with right?  LOL    I decided I was going to make small votive/tea light candle holders.





First I used Cutting Cafe's  Christmas Basic Shapes Cutting files and made these adorable wreaths to fit around the bottom of the Jars.  I then made the snowflake and glued it on the side and put a little red rhinestone in the middle of the snowflake.   To finish it off I took some Frosted Cranberry Trendy Twine  and glued it around the rim.  I used battery operated tea lights in mine since I have little ones in the house but  you can use regular tea lights or votive candles.

Here is what it looks like in the dark.


Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to many more posts with Cutting Cafe!

Please leave me a comment I will answer you back and let me know what you think!

Blessings,


I am enter this in the challenge at Connie Can Crop- Baby It is Cold Outside Challenge #53

20 comments:

  1. This is a really cute idea, Christi! Congrats on your GDT spot with the Cutting Cafe! Great way to use that Trendy Twine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! I appreciate the wonderful compliments but I have to tell you here so everyone reads it...I am not a GDT for Cutting Cafe I am a DT. :) Thank you either way just very honored to be on the team! Christi

      Delete
  2. First and foremost Congratulation on becoming a Cutting Cafe DT member. Now on to those gorgeous votive candle holders, that's a fantastic and oh so cool way to up-cycle baby jars. Great way to think outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelli! I am VEry honored Regina is having me on her wonderful team! Second, Thank you for your kind words on my project! I am glad you liked it! It was an immediate thought for me with all the baby food jars I saved. I knew they would come in handy! ROFLMBO!

      Delete
  3. Christi congratulations on the new DT. You are a fantastic artist in whatever medium you create with. I'll have news at the beginning of the year. We WILL get together soon. Just have to schedule a time for both of us! Bright blessings, Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana, Thank you sooooo very much for your wonderful compliment ! Whether near or far ....(in our case far) true friendships are strengthened by the magical glue of crafts , I believe. <3 Ours is very strong and I love you for it. I am very excited to hear your news and excited to get together! Much Love! Blessings, Christi

      Delete
  4. Christi what an amazing project my friend...who would of thought to had done this...i absolutely love it..welcome again to the team...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regina< Thank you soooo much for the absolute wonderful compliment! I am sooooo glad you like them! Thank you again for the warm welcome to the team! I am VERY excited to be here! <3 Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!! They are lucky to have you. And your projects are delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Connie! Have a blessed day! Christi

      Delete
  7. wow, this idea is so cool. I might scraplift it. Perfect for little christmas gifts. TFS and for joining us at Connie Can Crop for this month challenge "Baby, it's cold outside". Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooo much Veronica! Scraplift away! That would be an honor! Merry Christmas! Christi

      Delete
  8. Christi, these are adorable! But I would expect nothing less from you! Congrats on your new DT position, they are very lucky you have you and your considerable talents to join them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend Kim! You always there to cheer me on and I appreciate it VERY much! Love you dearly! Merry Christmas and a VERY Happy New Year! Christi

      Delete
  9. Beautiful project! And congratulations on your DT spot! Thank you for sharing and for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much Angela! Have a blessed Day And a very Merry Christmas and Happy new year! Christi

      Delete
  10. Wonderful project and great way to upcycle the baby food jars. Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

    Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! Glad you liked my Candle holders, Sorry I am just now seeing your kind words. Christi

      Delete
  11. This is a fabulous idea! Thanks so much for joining us at Connie Can Crop!
    Marji DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much Marji! I appreciate you stopping by! Christi

      Delete